Between working a regular nine-to-five, putting homecooked meals on the table, and taking some time for self-love, it’s hard to find time to give your pantry some TLC. But, putting your pantry in order could give you more time for everything else and might even save you money. Here’s a quick how-to guide and tips for organizing your pantry and keeping it neat.
Tips for Choosing the Right Organizers
Getting your pantry in Pinterest board conditions starts with choosing the right organization tools. Here are a few things to look for when you’re shopping for supplies.
- Clear Containers: Clear containers will save you both time and money. You’ll be able to see what you’re looking for the moment you look in the pantry. And, you’re less likely to purchase duplicate items because something is out of sight.
- Stackable Containers: Getting stackable containers will help you maximize space in your pantry.
- Large Bins: Baskets or large bins can be used to store items with oddly shaped packages such as chips or snack bags.
- Functionality: Think about your space and daily habits. Then, choose items that will help your family function better. For instance, if you know you’re working with a small space, look for stackable containers that can also be used as drawers so you don’t have to unstack and restack containers every day.
How to Organize Your Pantry
- Clear It and Clean It. Take everything out of your pantry and clean the shelves so that you can start with a clean slate. Toss out expired items along the way.
- Take Stock and Categorize. Before you shop for containers, categorize and inventory what you have, so that you know what you need to store. You don’t want to buy things you don’t actually need.
- Prep Your Shelves: Use shelf liners to prep your shelves before placing items back in your pantry. This will help you keep it clean in the future.
- Put it All Back. Now that you’ve placed your items in categorized, stackable containers, you can fill up your shelves again in a more organized manner.
You might also like: Clarksville Family Fun For 2022
Tips for Keeping Your Pantry Organized
- Put frequently used items front and center.
- Use a lazy-Susan to keep similar items in the same general area.
- Make a kid friendly zone on lower shelves.
- Do a quick refresh once or twice a month so that you don’t have to do a full re-organization again.
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.